Monday 1 February 2021

Ps 40: 7 "to do your will, O God"; Which "God"?

 Is Jesus God?

Ps 40: 7 NWT
“In view of that, I said: “Here I have come,
In the roll of the book it being written about me.
8 To do your will, O my God, I have delighted,
And your law is within my inward parts.”

Heb 10:5-7 NWT
“Hence when he comes into the world he says: “‘Sacrifice and offering you did not want, but you prepared a body for me. 6 You did not approve of whole burnt offerings and sin [offering].’ 7 Then I said, ‘Look! I am come (in the roll of the book it is written about me) to do your will, O God.’”

“…to do your will, O God” Ps 40:7
“…to do your will, O God” Heb” Heb 10:7

Question:
If Jesus is “God”, then just which “O God’s” will is the God Jesus wanting to do?, Just who is this other “God” i.e. “O God”?

NB,
Other translations read similarly!

No comments: